Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mercy mission ...

Posted by Picasa
I think Dr Ferris has been overcome upon his return to Birmingham: 

"What with the present cold-snap and the icy fingers of the credit crunch around Britain's throat, I am growing increasingly nostalgic for the bygone scorchingly-hot summers on the hill routinely depicted in photos on Crickley Hill Man's blog. Sometimes, I recall, it was so hot out in the open at Crickley that the only way to cool down was to resort to being sprayed with water from the killasprays more usually utilised to enhance the colour of areas of burnt limestone for planning or photography. I wonder if by any chance Crickley Hill Man has a picture of one of these life-saving machines in action, preferably operated by one of the brothers or sisters of mercy who so regularly brought comfort to the dehydrated diggers wilting under the harsh Gloucestershire sun?"

Well, Iain, I'm happy to oblige ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Likewise, given the long and cold winter, with so little sign of respite from the unending snow and frost, my mind turns to lazy summers and gorgeous youthful diggers. I wonder if, by chance, Crickley Hill Man has any photos of tousle-haired blondes at Ullenwood on said lazy summer evenings, to aid my reminisence?